Several years ago I suffered from chronic insomnia after major surgery - my doctors would only give me a limited supply of sleeping tablets.
I was at my wit's end through not sleeping. It was affecting every aspect of my life
Sleep disorders affect over forty per cent of the world's adult population.
Experts estimate that nearly every adult will, at one point in their lives, have insomnia.
Sufferers often find it challenging to lead a healthy life and may have some or all of the following symptoms:
- Feelings of being depressed, irritable or angry
- Waking up too early and being unable to fall asleep again
- Feeling tired all the time and primarily upon waking.
- Difficulty in thinking clearly or focusing on something, poor concentration
- Headaches and tension
Insomnia can occur for many reasons, some of which are listed below:
- Depression or worry, exams or emotional problems, anger or grief
- Environmental noise or a partner who snores
- Concern about insomnia, fear of never being able to sleep
- Moving house or a change in work shift or employment
- Jet lag
- Pain connected to a medical condition is one of the most common causes.
- Drug use or withdrawal from smoking
- Medication, including contraceptives, slimming pills, stimulants, diuretics or even sleeping pills themselves
- A vicious cycle of awakening in the early hours, not being able to fall asleep again. Or falling asleep, only to wake up a few moments later then falling asleep, only for the pattern to continue throughout the night.
As I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep and if I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
When as a child, and you drifted off to sleep, did that small song accompany you?
Now as an adult, you can now realise the actual message parents accidentally transmit to their child, and on a nightly basis- i.e. if you fall asleep, you might die!
This is one of the instigators of the: Don't Sleep, Won't Die syndrome.
Insomnia, in its many guises, is an easily treatable condition as Fast Track Hypnosis re-educates the mind and the support CD's or downloads, which comes as part of the treatment package, will help you to fall asleep as you listen to it.
Many of my clients tell me this. What these clients don't realise until I inform them, is that it's a perfectly natural part of retraining their minds.
Dependent upon the severity of insomnia as well as each client, Fast Track Hypnosis can take up to four sessions as opposed to the much longer conventional methods used by traditional Hypnotherapists.
Not only will Fast Track Hypnosis save you time and money, but it will also have you sleeping normally again and at a pace that your mind dictates.
CD's or downloads are supplied to reinforce our work together. Finally, I will teach you the benefits of auto-hypnosis, which enables you to achieve the glorious state of relaxation by yourself. This will allow you to use it whenever you need it.
With a condition such as chronic insomnia, it is wise to consult a doctor so as to ascertain whether there is an underlying issue that requires medical attention, before visiting me, especially if you have not responded to standard treatments.
Fees £85.00 or 85.00 euros per Session.
I must say after the first and only session I enjoyed my first good night's sleep in 4 months. It was wonderful, and I have not suffered from insomnia in the 11 years since! Thank you, Alan, for giving me my life back...............Deidre................
I want to thank you, I have received the best Christmas present ever, a regular sleeping pattern! Since I last saw you it has been brilliant leaving me much more sociable, confident, relaxed and more importantly-Happy!